View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 07:22 PM
glend (Glen)

Celestron CGX Mount - still under warranty

With regret I am selling my Celestron CGX mount. I am downsizing all of my equipment due to health problems, and no longer need the imaging capacity (25kg) of the CGX. I figure that it is better to let it go now, while it is still under warranty. It was purchased from Bintel in the final days of December 2016, so it has over two months to go on the Celestron Warranty. The CGX is a belt drive mount with spring loaded worms for precision operation.

Full details of the mount are available here:

https://www.bintel.com.au/product/ce...atorial-mount/

It has been pier mounted in my observatory for its entire time with me, except for two short dark site trips when the tripod was used. I can include the CGX top plate mounting blocks (made by Dave at TPI Astro in Canada).

I still have the original packaging, so in theory it could be shipped to a buyer, but it is a pretty heavy thing (two boxes each of which weigh around 25kg).

I am asking $2400 for the CGX mount (save over $1000) off the new price, and all accessories, if picked up at Lake Macquarie, NSW. If you want to get it shipped I can get a road freight quote to your address. Shipping is not inclusive.

PM me here at IIS if your interested.
Thanks
Glen
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF1598-Small.jpg)
177.0 KB62 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1599-small.jpg)
176.6 KB60 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1617-small.jpg)
169.4 KB66 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1594-small.jpg)
168.7 KB48 views

Last edited by glend; 12-10-2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Can't Decide