Thread: Synscan Problem
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2019, 08:24 AM
pjphilli (Peter)

Thanks for these replies.I have been using SynScan for several years but only recently learned about the way to change the slewing rate.
Malcolm
I only use the paddle for centering/selecting the initial alignment star and then move to my Starry Night on screen star chart to do subsequent star hops and alignments.
Martin
I have a feeling that I am making a simple (stupid?) mistake in trying to change the slew rate. Just to get is straight I HIT AND HOLD THE RATE BUTTON WHILE SELECTING THE REQUIRED SLEWING RATE NUMBER. I ONLY HIT THE SELECT BUTTON WHEN THE ALIGNMENT STAR IS CENTERED - THE PADDLE THEN INDICATES "ALIGNMENT SUCCESSFUL"? Is this the correct procedure?
Ken
I am also puzzled by my failure to achieve this simple step. The V03.27EQ.ssf firmware is pretty simple and I have reloaded it to no effect. My power supply is good and no flashing red lights etc. Of course I have checked the scope mechanics/balance, polar alignment and entered the correct location, date, time, etc into the paddle. I may now try some other paddle firmwares to see whether my problem haunts me!