View Single Post
Old 24-01-2018, 12:35 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
Did your scope not come with the extender that threads on camera-side to the flattener? This is part 3 in the diagram in the manual. Adding the Canon/Nikon T-ring would give the correct spacing, as the Esprits were designed - and shipped with adapters for - DSLR use straight out of the box.
Its seems they did not get it right at least in my case or at least when Micheal put the bits together at the shop or when I put the bits tigether at home something was certainly wrong.
Yesterday I removed the spacing and part of the t ring and was able to get the measurements stated in the apparently correct version of the manual (not the one that came in the box).
Now the t ring is held on not by a thread but by the three screws that held in the inner ring and they bite straight into the thread from the flattener.
It does not seem correct but certainly that was the only way I could the the distance.
Last night I gave the scope a run and looking at my image, one hour at 30 seconds on the flame and hotse head region, the stars are as I would expect nice and round.
Hopefully I can post an image of my efforts but I cant get around to processing past a deep sky stack.

And I must say Don from Bintel was most helpful and treated my concerns with respect and kept in contact thru the process.
It is in these situations one appreciates buying from Bintel.
As all could appreciate my heart sank when I first saw those elongated stars and believe me I was very happy to know if there was an unsolvable problem I was dealing with Bintel.

The current set up is not ideal and it makes me nervous that three timy screws hold the camera in place...If I cant get a proper fitting I will literaly glue the thing on...hopefully using a glue that is soluble in something should I ever want a different camera.
But the march is forward and at least last night I got to use it.
Alex