View Single Post
Old 22-01-2018, 10:29 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
I'm in a low light pollution area and am mostly interested in EAA at the moment. I was looking at getting the ZWO ASI 290MC for DSO imaging and some planetary.

There's a good thread on Cloudy Nights about entry level EEA and they're using a 6" SCT. Because I want to also use the scope for visual observation getting a refractor probably isn't going to be much use to me.

I'm now also considering a 925 on a CGX mount just to add other thoughts to the equation.

Edit. Also considering ASI1600MC Pro camera.
Probably the best SCT ive ever owned the C9.25..great on everything and very few lemons ever... needs some time to cool..some use those re-usable ice packs from Bunnings etc ...cools in under 45 mins that way, no heat plumes coming of the baffle to degrade image etc .

Check collimation periodically though.

The Zwo Asi1600 MC and mono are coverted by many .

The C9 with an CGX and Zwo is a formidable combo to begin with...if you can afford it ..go for it

Get the Fastar one from Bintel say, for greater flexibility as its very hard to image long exposures at the native focal length of F10...They will help you as they have a real expert there in Don.

bigjoe.