View Single Post
Old 26-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Startrek (Martin)

APT and New ZWOASI2600MC

Due to the inclement weather over the next 4 or 5 days , I started learning and writing procedures for APT to run my new ZWOASI2600MC camera
I’m using my ZWOASI120MM-S guide camera as a simulator connected to the laptop with a 5m long USB3 cable
Reading quite a few posts on CN recommend I use the Ascom driver rather than the ZWO Native driver to control the camera
In the Ascom driver ( Camera Chooser ) I’m assuming I select ASI Camera (1) for my new ASI2600MC and ASI Camera (2) for my ASI120MM-S Guide Camera
In Properties there are 4 preset drop downs -
Highest Dynamic Range ( Gain 0 )
Unity Gain (Gain 28)
Lowest Read Noise (Gain 48 )
Manual ( set your own gain )

I assume I would select either Unity Gain or HDR to get started with ??

I’ve spent a few hours on the program and have most of it working plus setting and running a few dummy capture plans

Certainly different from BYEOS

My only disappointment is that I can’t review full size fits files in Windows Viewer post capture like I can with RAW files from the Canon 600D , they are all thumbnails which I can zoom in to make bigger for frame by frame review I suppose
Although you can review full size frames as they are captured in the “Img tab” by clicking on the thumbnail and it opens it up on the main capture screen

Anyway just would appreciate
some feedback on Ascom driver settings vs Native ZWO settings for my new 2600MC ( when it finally arrives in mid August ?? )

Thanks in advance !!