View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 01:34 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Marc

There is undercover parking below the museum / art gallery complex.

https://www.qm.qld.gov.au/Visit+Us/Museum+Location

Access is via boom gates but anyone can walk through - you need a ticket to leave.

I have seen this car park FULL in the morning so no guarantees I'm afraid and Brisbane traffic between 7:00am and 9:00am can be heavy, especially if there is an accident or roadworks.

I see others have also chipped in with additional information.

It has been a while since I attended Astrofest and I used to either go via the Bruce Highway to Caboolture and then turn off for Woodford, or via the Ipswich Motorway then via Esk which is more scenic.

Both routes took me the same time, but I cannot vouch for current traffic conditions as I was last at Astrofest around 2006!

Cheers

Dennis
Thanks Dennis. I found an entrance for the convention centre in the corner of Grey st and Russel st. That looks like walking distance to the museum and there's a nice cafe next to it
Thanks for the tip on the carpark below the museum. Will try that one first.

I know Esk way as I go through coming from Gatton on my usual way up so I might back track via Ipswich. Google seems to say it's a simlar time whether I got through Caboolture or Ipswich.

If traffic is anything like Sydney I'll provide a buffer of at least 2 hours to come into Brisbane.