View Single Post
Old 14-03-2024, 10:03 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I would like to thank everyone for their concern and support.

I did open the observatory yesterday and as I had not been in there for some months feared the worst but happily there is no apparent damage although I have yet to see if things still work.

Because I have mostly been in bed and getting little exercise my legs are much worse and so fighting through the discomfort is a factor that I find somewhat demotivating.

The lump in my neck has grown and I get another scan next week but it seems there is nothing that can be done as I have had all the radiation that they feel is safe...however it is not causing discomfort fortunately and is not crushing my wind pipe.

Personally I think it may only be a blood clot...if it is only that I will get through..if it is cancer well that is another matter..my doctor basically says it is cancer and there is nothing that can be done and I find that disappointing...the main thing it does is demotivates me but I am getting on top of that.

I guess the real problem short term ( hour to hour) that slows me down is the discomfort with my legs...I set out to do stuff but find the legs just make it very hard to carry on...I feel however if I can must push harder they will improve.

But with no astro it is very easy to avoid getting out of bed.

Happily I can drive with no discomfort and find that driving my little red car something I greatly enjoy...it turned out to be a great purchase ( thanks again to Glen)
But too many cars and within the week the car I had left in Sydney will arrive bringing the number of cars here to 4 ...two unregisterd but I see no point registering all of them.

Just too much junk really.

I have been studying molecular biology via YouTube and even at that level find it overwhelming...the complexity of cells is extrodinary...but there are many excellent lectures on you tube which makes me realise just how lucky we are to have such a wonderful facility that enables a mug like me to enjoy some insite into all the amazing research in the field.

Thanks again for caring.

alex