View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:03 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I am a bit down on marriages generally having spent time in the Commonwealth Attorney Generals Family Law Division.
I am not sure of current divorce figures but 1 in 3 or 4 eventually fail I believe.
Anyways working there you of course only see the marriages that go wrong.
And it is so sad how folk who are so in love ,I assume, when they get married become such bitter humans all because of marriage gone wrong.
But even before that the nonsence of weddings is hard to fathom.
The pledging of one human to another seems odd driven by insecurity, a mere method to hold off any change the future may hold.
And the reception I call a waste of money, and everything must be just right, flowers decorations, all dictated by whatever whimsical fashion is the current flavour.
The one upmanship is sad reflecting the most base displays of human pride.

But then failure sees each partner intent on dragging out the agony of the split up out far past anything that could be seem as normal human behaviour.
Each wanting to hurt the other and a mere licence of marriage becomes aicience to hate.
And where does marriage come from..from times where it was used to join family fortunes or to bring peace between waring enemies.
I don't care who wants to get married I see it as a terrible institution binding insecure folk in relationships that are somewhat simply not normal in fitting with human behaviour.
Alex