View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 PM
ngcles
The Observologist

Hi Paddy & All,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Dear IISers,

Here is my first ever observation report. Not only the first posted but the first written. I have been very impressed by the process and how it has contributed to my closer observation. I have also found it interesting to compare my recording with images and data and been pleasantly surprised by the correlation. I don't know how often I will post them as typing them up takes some time, but it's a process that I would highly recommend.
And let me (hopefully) be the first to say thanks for a first-rate report of your observations mate. Particularly enjoyed hearing of the music going on in the backgroud. Though I listen to a lot of prog rock style stuff while observing, one of my favourite albums to listen to while observing is:
"The Persian Hours - Mysterious Piano Music" by Tamara Anna Cislowska which has most of Erick Sate's 'Greatest Hits' -- really simple, beautiful music.

Very glad to hear how taking some notes has increased your observing experience.

Without going blow for blow through all y6ou observed I was particularly interested in what you saw in NGC 362 when you said:

" ... quite concentrated in core with darker ring around the core and some brighter outliners beyond this ring with background of haze of stars."

I remember one night (with excellent seeing and transparency) looking through a friend's 50cm at x277 and we both were struck by a very small dark cross superimposed dead centre. Never saw that again on many other nights.

First rate report mate. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best,

Les D