View Single Post
Old 24-09-2009, 10:30 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryglen-boy View Post
Yo Marc, i was under the impression that you couldnt do NB imaging with an OSC Camera, and if you wanted to image at different wavelengths, then you had to do this via mono and a filter, isnt this the case?

Nope. The QHY8 works fine for NB pics. I posted a lot of NB shots on these forums done with the QHY8 and NB filters. Ha & Sii go into the red pixels so you debayer and keep the red only (monochrome image). Oiii goes in the blue and the green and you do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecepticon View Post
Ok, so we have an opposite here. When you image without a glass in the noise piece Marc, how do you control the IR bloat of the stars Gama talks about? This sort of answers my own question, which is to use my Astronomic IR filter in the wheel for RGB shots. Ha, SII & OIII should supress the IR, at least I've never used them with my Meade DSI Pro II, but that is a mono camera.
I wouldn't know about a filter wheel as I never used one but the reflections I was having were happening between the CCD and the MPCC. That's why I got rid of any extra glass in that area. I now put any filters before the MPCC, so that's the first glass the light hits. Whether it's a Ha, Sii, Oiii, or the UV/IR filter.