View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 07:18 AM
Astrofriend (Lars)

Hi,
Yes it's strange, but after some playing with the parameters it auto guided with less than 1" tot rms error. But still I want to know what cause this orthogonal error.

One thing that I don't have control over or any deep insight in is what exactly the Drift Compensation do. When I use GOTO command it stop at correct position according to the RA and DEC scales on the mount. But when tracking it does not run at correct speed until I adjust the drift compensation. I just remember something about a bug in the stepper motors driver board. Anyone else knows something about why the Drift Compensation is needed ?

Now I need a clear sky so I can continue testing the PHD2 and auto guiding.

I just say, just do this rebuilding if you find it interesting, otherwise buy a complet kit.

For me the advantage is that I learn a lot to next time I do something simular and I have learned a lot from this rebuilding.

But now I must end this project and start using the equipment. I also have my new 3D printer waiting. Two new project to start with.

1, an adapter between my angled viewer and Star Adventurer polar finder.

2, Solve my EQ6 rpoblem with adjusting the altitude polar align (living at 60 degree latitude). I think I can do it with 3D printed plastic part, at least I have to test it.

Here I collect information: http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/...ebuilding.html

If I can learn how to CAD advanced drawings with threads and other things I will have a lot of things to do in the future.

I thank all people here for all the comments and tips, great help !

/Lars