View Single Post
Old 21-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Rainmaker (Matt)
Strictly Visual......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Hi, unfortunately it's third hand and 5-6 years old. How the previous owners managed to get round stars I'll never know!
However, Stefan inspected and diagnosed it by spinning the entire thing on the lathe - then re-machined the both ends of the Tak adapter, both internal faces of the rotator mechanism, and made new spacers - I hope and pray that when I test it again next it will be ok.
No point mentioning it to Wayne as I cannot verify it's history.
Andy and Andrew,

Something you need to be aware of with regard to using the Feathertouch focusers.......

Only use the thumbscrew under the focuser to lock the focus in place, Do Not engage it partially and then move the focuser..... Kent had a new FT3545 fitted to his TEC200 that failed as he had been using the thumbscrew to adjust tension (as instructed) but this causes wear that requires full dismantling and parts replacement..... Wayne and Jon declined Kent's warranty claim saying that he had caused the damage and it cost $300 USD for the repair...

Draw tube tension must be adjusted by the socket screw on top of these FT focusers.....

I have just adjusted two of my three FT focusers so that the 'tension screw' does not need to be touched unless I really want to lock the focuser....

Here is some light reading for all FT users:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6...problem/page-3