View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 11:23 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Now come on Steve you need to be more positive.
I know you have been dealt a crook hand but you must remember you are still in the game. And we all die. It's not a big deal. I see it this way. Individually we experience life as eternal on the basis we don't know when we arrive or leave...so our personal consciencenesss experiences a reality without a start or an end...today is eternal.

I would not sell up but you certainly could rent your place out and rent in some place different that appears appealing...when selling real estate as my living I had many folk return saying they wished they never moved and often these were folk who went to live at the same town they had been spending their holidays for thirty years...so because about burning your bridges..or ships.
I know it's tuff but you must count all you do have not what you don't have...For me I know I am not particularly smart and near cripple but you know that does not worry me in the least... Success is not about money either it is about being happy with who you are...here is a little trick...when you feel down think of yourself as the hero in some a film movie...that you have just been beaten up and are crawling out of a dirty dark ally knowing that before the movie ends you will beat your enemy ( well give him a severe repremand and indicate you would now like to be friends and if he even needs help that he should ask you first) and you get the girl ( again perhaps just be friends rather than have to get used to living with someone else)...
Don't worry about contributing and no doubt it is almost inconceivable how the world can continue without your contribution but heck they will have to stand on their own two feet at some stage so do them a favour and think what you can do for you.
If you decide to come up this way I can show you around but after a couple of days you are on your own...as we all are... personally I find it difficult to find what I would call normal intelligent people out there making new friends and all you are left with are ding bats who have stuffed up elsewhere and looking for a new life to ruin..besides I enjoy my own company and my little projects...but you need to be firm with yourself and interpret absolutely everything on a positive approach..I would tell my kids that and offer the example of having a shark bite my leg off and how as I crawled up the beach I would be saying "heck I am lucky he only got one".
Good luck you have much to offer here and your contributions are appreciated by many but you have to accept your current situation and focus on all the wonderful qualities and abilities you have and be happy that you had it so good in the past and most of all that you live in Australia.
Alex