View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 02:49 AM
wraithe

ah a thread for me to post in....
slight boost to the team stats....
45 minute crunch times per work unit on one pc and 58 minute crunch times on other...
new pc on way and should get four workunits per 45 minutes ...
ahh yes duel core/ dual cpu server...
but if i cant get linux to do those times then i shall get a usb drive to run win and use it that way unless i have got high enough stats for this project then it will be crunching another project....any body not in the know about optimizing, you are welcome to contact me and i shall assist as much as i can to help...
i mostly use linux but like this project, i use win to get faster crunch times, and can optimize most distros of linux and of course win...
if you dont know what optimizing will do then consider this...
my sempron pc was taking 2 - 3 hrs per work unit before optimizing, now takes 45 minutes average...
the celeron-D was taking 3 hrs average and now 58 minutes average...
short workunits are done in 10 minutes or less....
the error stat is very good too, so no loss there...i have lost only a couple of units to errors but lost just as many when not optimized...
to allow slower pc's to recieve there credits they deserve, i recomend using an optimized boinc client as the slower pc's will get a better return and i think its cruel not to use the optimized boinc client...you can crunch a wu quickly but if two pc's crunch a wu fast and show low credit request then the slow pc will get very little for a great deal of crunching....
anyway....the team stats should rise with my little help....