View Single Post
Old 27-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Endothermic

Hmm well after reading some more and looking at some youtube vids I may give an EQ another go. I may look at a refractor as well.

Is there much difference between the HEQ5 Pro and EQ6PRO mounts? Doing some googling about the only difference I can find is higher payload the EQ6PRO can take other then that everyone is saying the HEQ5 performs basically the same just with a lighter load?

From the looks of it i'm adding an HEQ5 with Skywatcher Black Diamoned ED 100 to the list.

I must say i'm disappointed with that andrews store as it got me exited with some of the prices of the refractors till I found out they were just adding the "Black Diamond" name onto pretty much all of the refractors and they actually arn't the ones with the ED glass

Who else makes refractors worth looking at that don't cost as much as small car? Getting pretty swayed towards an EQ and refractor now, if I could find the ED 120 for the price of the 100 somewhere then it just might win out though i'd still rather the longer focal length of the schmidt.