View Single Post
Old 25-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Lester

G'day all,
I will try and get some photos on here of my gear (got lots to learn when it comes to computers). 16" Meade f4.5 newtonian and 8" Celestron SCT both mounted on Astro Optical Supplies "Goliath" mount. Thomas Matthis 14" RA drive, 24" Dec tangent arm, controlled manually by push button hand control.

Have ordered 14"SCT Meade OTA to replace both telescopes, (should arrive within next month). Just purchased Canon 20Da, 50mm f1.4 and 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 lenses.

Telescopes housed in rotating observatory, which I built 32years ago at age 16. When observatory was first completed it was a dome shape, but when I added the 16" newtonian, enlarged the opening and altered the shape slightly. Also on first completion there were many uninvited guests (Inch ants) so I built a moat around the cement wall which is filled with water and has a layer of sump oil on top. As the dome extends down into the moat almost no dust gets inside either.

Now can someone please tell me how to attach photos to this. Are photos still toooooo large;
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (telescope thumbnail2.JPG)
24.1 KB448 views
Click for full-size image (observatory 1.JPG)
20.8 KB415 views
Click for full-size image (observatory 8.JPG)
18.8 KB368 views