View Single Post
Old 22-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Ritchie-l (Ritchie)

OK wr have an image, I started on the moon which had way to much flare, (forgot about the moon adaptor for the front of the scope)
focused in between running from my room out to the scope and back in again.
as soon as i got it close I turned to the right at which i thought was mars, but it was a orangie star, but none the less fine tuned the focus some more then turned it to the orion nebula ran back in and started recording fot about 30 seconds regstax'd it and we have an image, not as clear as i wanted but its a start.
packedit all up and now back inside. looked at the settings on the ccd and i had it on lo agc, cant wait till tomorrow night to try it on hi agc.

Now i have a reasonable image I will reformat the laptop so i don't have to run so much.
and yes i will post up what i do when its to my liking.

FOCUS :- found that it needed to be nearly in all the way. but back by about quater of an inch.

NO STARS on earlier trials. the lineup scope was way out of alignment. (some idiot did not check this trivial but important part.)

other things that I will be trying is removing the IR filter, very easy task it is soft clued on there.
and when the sensitivity has proven well I will cut a peice out of an old floppy disk and use this as a filter as well. what the floppy disk does if lets through IR. so this way I can look at other spectrums other than visible light.

Thank you all that helped, you know who you are. I appreciated it very much.

Till soon
Ritchie