View Single Post
Old 16-08-2019, 11:44 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Question My wife's new toy... I'd like to use it as well :)

My missus has wanted to get "closer" to wildlife and has been a little frustrated with her camera setup. So, I purchased her a Minolta High Speed AF Apo Tele 600mm f/4 G telephoto for her to be able to get much closer than the 200mm she has.

She shoots with a Sony camera (an old a350, a-mount). The len I bought was basically in mint condition (photos attached). Only a scratch on the case itself, lens was in perfect condition, including exterior paint. the 1.4x teleconverter (giving her 800mm f/5.6) and all filters were even included. I got it for a great price... and the missus is happy, so you know... "happy wife, happy life".

I'd like to be able to get my QHY and/or ZWO onto it, but as Steve Mogg is out of business, I was wondering if anyone knew of a source on where to get an A-mount lens to T2 (T-thread). I'd prefer not to go to Precise Parts because let's face it, that's an expensive route for me just wanting to test the telephoto on the night sky.

Advice sought...
OIC!
P.S. For those who are interested, I bought it on eBay from Japan. Arrived in five days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.jpg)
115.7 KB64 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
146.1 KB59 views
Click for full-size image (3.jpg)
146.8 KB53 views
Click for full-size image (4.jpg)
105.3 KB59 views
Click for full-size image (5.jpg)
117.4 KB55 views
Click for full-size image (6.jpg)