View Single Post
Old 17-08-2011, 10:46 PM
OneCosmos (Chris)

Anyone using the TV 85 field flattener?

Hi,

I a currently using a TV field flattener (the version for comes with the TV85) with my Meade 80mm along with my Canon 50D.

I am looking to switch to using a dedicated cooled camera (QHY) but don't quite see how I will be able to attach a non-DSLR camera to the flattener (which TV market for use with DSLRs).

The flattener fits in to the 2" focuser at one end and has a a Canon T-adaptor attached to the other end for the Canon. I can easily remove this by unscrewing a few small grub screws, but it revelals a shallow screw-threaded barrel that is too shallow on its own to accept the QHY.

I can only assume some sort of adator is possible that would screw on to the flattener's camera end with a nosepiece into which the QHY would be pushed. It isn't obvious to me though what that adaptor would be because I do have some adaptors (2" with screw threads), but because they are the same diamater as the barrel of the flattener they can't attach.

I'm just wondering if anyone has this flattener in use with a non-DSLR camera and if so how?

Chris