View Single Post
Old 14-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protiotype View Post
Yeah the coast in the path isn't very good but Madras should hopefully be the best in the country.

The passenger in seat 11D (great eclipse chat; Joe will head to Idaho) of my Alaska/Horizon Airlines Embraer 175 actually pointed out a snowed up Mt Rainier to me! I won't be able to fit it in this time but will see if I can sight it with my binocular if I get a clear vantage point. I'm actually thinking of going to the Sky View Observatory instead of the Space Needle, based on reviews comparing the two.

I'll definitely get some "biking" in - from what I observed from the sidewalk today (and the previous night after finally arriving at my destination at close to 23:30 PDT)), it seems a friendlier place than Brisbane but I'll still need to try it from the saddle. Some of that is actually enshrined in the language of the road rules (amazing what small differences can make).
Good luck :thumbs up:

I recall sliding down the side of snowy Rainier on my backside after walking into the snow line from the Paradise visitor centre...at the end of June! Weather was beautiful, and I consequently got badly sunburned. The view along the Cascades spying the other volcanoes in the distance is worth the trip.

I don't recall the Sky View, maybe it's more recent than my last trip. The food at the Space Needle restaurant is pretty decent IIRC, but that was 10-15 years ago.

Brisbane reminds me of Seattle in a lot of ways, well, besides the weather