View Single Post
Old 20-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Park123 (Stu)

This is one of the best parts of Astronomy is to see a friend achieve something he has wanted for so many years.
Greg has been key part in so many of mine and Pete’s and Brendan’s Supernova discoveries since the group was formed a few years back and way before that has done alot of work with Bob Evens confirming his Supernovae. But he always wanted to get that one of his own....got it now after so many years of trying and seeing others getting them. What about that for staying power!!!
I woke up to all the excitement at 4am as all this happened while I was asleep (dam 3 hour difference).I got yelled at from My wife Lynn who was by this time in the Kitchen getting ready to go to work as I was still in Bed(as usual) "GREGS GOT ONE "as she read the SMS and emails on the phone.
So all of New Zealand breaths a sigh of relief.
Well done mate a great find. A great bright SNe in a really nice galaxy. Great for you and for BOSS
Looking forward to seeing some of those images you will be taking over the next few weeks

The only thing I am really annoyed about is that I won’t be able to share a port or two with you over this. But I will have a couple for you over here. I hope the wait was worth it
Very happy for you ......enjoy
Stu
BOSS-Backyard Observatory Supernova Search