Thread: Alluna RC16
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 09:20 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Well...so far so good.

Alluna's TCS focus software graphically shows where you are relative to the optimal spacing...it's not optimum yet (the required part should turn up soon), but I suspect it needs a further collimation tweak and squaring on of the camera.

I've uploaded a more detailed web page here
How good is that software, that's a great interface.

I am sure you are expert this as you seemed to square up your cameras on the Honders without "too" much difficulty. But from my recent experience chances are the image is reversed top and bottom and left and right compared to your camera looking at it from the back (I used a dim torch and holding it on different sides of the scope and took focus images to find out what the orientation of the camera was with regards to the displayed image).

If that is true for your scope (it is for the Honders) then your left side of the image is slightly out with the top right a bit worse.

That would mean the bottom right is most out on your camera viewing it from the rear and the top right is out a little bit. It probably needs to be packed out a small amount (.2 of a mm for example). CCD inspector helps show if it needs to go in or out or focusing the scope until the top left corner looks better and seeing if you to focus in or out tells you.

I think you already know all this but in case it helps there it is.

F3.8 really exaggerates the tilt so I am not 100% sure how much tilt that translates to at (F8?). Perhaps more, as I think the high the F ratio the less sensitive it is to tilt.

Greg.