View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 PM
mangrovedutch (Dutch)
SPACE CADET

G'day

G'day Everyone, I am extremely new to Astrophotography, and decided to join this forum for some advice and general information. Once I get a scope, I hope to be posting some great photos. I am currently looking at a Celestron Ultima 2000 8" (quite old), with wedge, that has been offered to me at a pretty good price. I'm not sure if this is suitable for photography, though I have been assured that it is great for photography.
I live south of Brisbane, away from light pollution, so once I get a scope and learn how to use it, I should hopefully be able to produce some nice work. I currently own a gripped 550D and also a gripped 400D with lenses ranging from 10-20mm Sigma to a 150-500mm Sigma Bigmos as well as a Kenko 2xTC and also a full set of Kenko Tubes. I will be running CS5 photoshop and I am currently investigating a variety of stacking programs. I am also looking at joining an Astronomy club soon, most probably the SAS at Ormeau, which is closest to me.
Anyway, hi to all, I hope that everyone enjoys the new year and that we shall see some clear skies soon. It has been raining here for what seems to be an eternity.

Regards, Dutch