View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 05:15 PM
glend (Glen)

EAA Camera Finally Arrives

I have been trying to source a ASI294MC camera for my EAA implementation on my Skywatcher ED150, and today the camera arrived.
As some folks would know the ASI294MC Pro has been pretty much wait listed by every retailer, and even ZWO had them on backorder (including the non-cooled version). The QHY competitor was still not actually available.

To be clear my preference was for the non-cooled version of this camera, because for an EAA live stacking visual setup, cooling is not a necessity; and I will not be returning to long sub traditional imaging.

The non-cooled version is still hard to find, as most of the sales are for the cooled version, however Teleskop-Express did recently get some stock at 705 euro, so I bought one.

Photos attached. Hopefully I will get it setup on the ED150 in coming days. It will be attached to the Skywatcher 0,85x reducer corrector, which screws onto the Esprit 3.5" focuser ( which is the standard focuser on the DX version which I own). This allows the native f8 scope to run at f6.8ish.

More to follow when I get EAA operational on this scope. Note the M48 extension tube sections in the photo are for display purposes only, exact set back is still to be determined.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF2253.jpg)
125.9 KB29 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2254.jpg)
154.0 KB24 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2255.jpg)
114.7 KB30 views