View Single Post
Old 22-06-2011, 09:13 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by binofied View Post
I was always feeling that the small ~12x9mm chip on the ST2000 while being a truely great camera was giving me a limiting FOV. I have managed recently to liberate some money by selling my 16" Binocular telescope. This money has gone on an order for an STL-11000. So now I have a camera with a huge chip and an old SCT that won't fully illuminate it. Given this and that I currently have a mount that is limiting the weight I can carry, I was fishing to see if anyone came up with a recommendation for a perfect match and able to blow the Meade optics out of the water at the same time.

Perhaps at this stage I should simply crop the Meade images so they are OK and put money into something like the new baby Paramount, so that I can go crazy with optics at a later date?

As always tighter stars, better contrast, lack of CA leading to higher quality final images is my goal.

BTW I am more interested in Nebulas, both bright but especially dark rather than galaxies. I have little interest in planetary imaging.
I understand now. If I were you I'd get a 12" F/3.6 ASA. They're beautiful scopes by the pictures I've seen posted around and in a league of their own for the money. Nothing comes close. That's the ideal rig for a widish field set-up with plenty of resolution.