View Single Post
Old 21-06-2011, 03:31 PM
binofied

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
I don't think aperture will necessarily make greater images. You'll get better resolution for sure depending on your location and seeing but it's a whole new ball game. It is likely your FOV will also be more limited by going bigger because your FL might also be longer depending on the scope. Big aperture with short FL is costly. I'm not clear on what you are trying to achieve? Wider FOV?
I was always feeling that the small ~12x9mm chip on the ST2000 while being a truely great camera was giving me a limiting FOV. I have managed recently to liberate some money by selling my 16" Binocular telescope. This money has gone on an order for an STL-11000. So now I have a camera with a huge chip and an old SCT that won't fully illuminate it. Given this and that I currently have a mount that is limiting the weight I can carry, I was fishing to see if anyone came up with a recommendation for a perfect match and able to blow the Meade optics out of the water at the same time.

Perhaps at this stage I should simply crop the Meade images so they are OK and put money into something like the new baby Paramount, so that I can go crazy with optics at a later date?

As always tighter stars, better contrast, lack of CA leading to higher quality final images is my goal.

BTW I am more interested in Nebulas, both bright but especially dark rather than galaxies. I have little interest in planetary imaging.