View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 09:57 AM
Marke (Mark)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Holy Crap!!

Geez these are fantastic shots Marke...

Can you share some secrets on how you are getting so much detail including chromosphere & proms in the same shot... are they mosaics/layered shots or is there some other deep dark secret to getting these results...

I can't seem to get the level of detail you or Ken get no matter how much I try....

Is it an equipment thing? I have a Lunt 60mm with BF1200 and choice of either ZWO ASI224MC, Canon EOS 1100d or Orion SSAG (not the best choice maybe despite being mono).. sadly, I can't spring for anymore camera's at present

Cheers
Wish I could say there was some secret but basically I take the same approach as with planetary . Use the fastest frame rate I can with the 174 Firecapture high speed mode and spend a bit of time with careful focusing and take on average around 5k images at least and stack around 5% of those. Sometimes I take an image for the prom and one for the surface and then blend them together in PS . THe full disk is with an Orion ST80 and 0.5x reducer and gives me full disk with the Quark and I take and image for the proms and disk separately and blend them in PS . The closeups here were single images and using curves in Imppg to give both in the one image rest is just tweaking in PS . The 224 is probably not ideal as you only need a mono camera and its FoV is small compared to the 174 , I know as I have 224 , 174 , 290 and 1600