View Single Post
Old 25-02-2014, 05:59 PM
stevous67 (Steve M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logieberra View Post
Terry, it sounds fantastic. Drifting stars don't lie. Other software programs, with intricate PA routines, have so much going on in the background, that I'm often left wondering - can I really trust the software calculated PA recommendations...

Also, I'm guessing that your PA can be off by heaps with this program? You'll just see massive drift, in real time?

P.S. I'll look into the daytime routine, to bring it somewhere close to PA to begin with.
Hi Logan, just seen this thread. What a great purchase. I love the control functionality of the AP mount, and do you notice how many threads exists where AP users have problems? Nope, rarely see any. As for Terry's comments, the notches on RA / DEC adjustment knobs are for "Pemming" the mount in. Doing two mounts at once in the field as sun set approaches, we are normally are done before you can see the Octans (15-25mins for both, 1 arc min or less). By the way, this not done with the OAG, but your main camera.

Doing automation with the AP is also great, with it understanding all standard command instructions issued by executive program's like CCDAP. Meridian flips just happen when instructed, and thats just great.

You will love it.

Steve