View Single Post
Old 20-06-2017, 11:12 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Looked at that already, but they are not yet interested in the fixed wireless service, which suffers it seems from NBN side issues far more than the other technologies except for satellite. I am stuck with a service that runs to about 35-40mbps down and 14 up on a 50/20 plan in the day time and falls anywhere to low single digits in peak times in both directions.

Even when one NBN email admitted tower congestion, when the support ticket lapsed recently because of someone at my RSP going on sick leave (If NBN request more information and your RSP does not reply in two business days the ticket is closed, irrevocably) Information gathered for the old ticket is not acceptable for the new one so you have to start gathering data all over again.

Hoops jumped through, bottom bared in Bourke St, Naked Vicar photographed riding through my lounge room on his Norton (For anyone old enough to know about the naked Vicar clause) before the NBN response came back that the tower I am on is suffering congestion and there is an upgrade planned in "Q4 2017"

Great use of everyone's time including my own to make us jump through all of those hoops before re admitting that the tower is oversubscribed.

The required tests by the way generally run to, using an autostart speed test on my RSP's website which runs a logged speed test every 5 minutes to build a speed profile over at least 24 hours. Then doing manual speed tests (At least three in succession to build an average) in the congested time via my network (Only if it is hard wired, which is fair enough, wifi is rubbish) Then disconnecting my network and running the tests directly connected via ethernet to the NBN NTD, then doing that again with a different machine, preferably using a different operating system and browser! Every time you disconnect one bit of gear and connect another you also face up to about 5 minutes wait until the DHCP server recognises the change in device MAC address and hands an IP address to the new device. All in all it is a pretty time consuming test regime and I can see a lot of people not knowing how to do it.