View Single Post
Old 31-05-2023, 10:47 AM
Carlz (Carly)

Photography rig upgrade

Hey everyone,

I still class myself a beginner, as a) I have been out of the game for 5 years, and b) my set up is very basic and still learning!

I currently have a skywatcher ED80, NEQ6 pro. I was originally using my DSLR for photography, then I purchased a ZWO mono but never got to figure out how to use it.

Now that I’m back into it, I’m looking at upgrading my scope, and potentially my mount.

I’m happy with my NEQ6, however I have read they have changed the gears in it. My mount is probably 10 years old now! I’d be happy to upgrade to the new NEQ6 but still unsure of the difference between the 2 newer models, and if it’s worth the upgrade?

Scope - I’m looking for something bigger and better than the ED80, but within weight range of the NEQ6 (and my 145cm pregnant self &#128514. I love deep sky photography, but also want to try planetary. Should I keep the ed80 for planetary? (Haven’t done planetary before so not sure!)

If I can’t figure out my ZWO mono, I’ll probably end up purchasing the colour because I haven’t touched it in 5 years.

Any ideas, help, opinions would be greatly appreciated for this newbie that has been in the game since 2011 *facepalm*