View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
rogerg (Roger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
Nice! I used to rent a place on the beach at Mersey Point just a click or two down the road(@ Pengiun Island sandbar, took photo's of Hale-Bopp there in '97 ) but the owners sold and the new owners wanted to move in, so I have been stuck a few streets back inland for the last decade
I bet the light pollution was at least a little bit better in '97 for Hale Bopp.

Quote:
Yeah will do, stuck at work last night and tonight, but might get away early tomorrow and have another go... if Panstarrs hasn't moved too close to the horizon by tomorrow, will have to check CdC when I get home.
You should have until the coming weekend, even though it is getting progressively lower. Such a pain how we have to work.

Quote:
There was not much time on Fri between it becoming bright enough to photograph and it disapearing behind the salt haze and dust and smoke and crap on the horizon, so don't like my chances.
Yes .. there's really only a small window of 15 or so minutes. Each night has a few make or break moments and decisions