View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
Lovely Andy! The contrast between the golden sand of the Milky Way and the big bold hot young stars of the cluster is wonderful. The dust lanes look like a Kanji character, with a hint of skull-n-cross-bones. We didn't know that was there (not obvious in binoculars!). The one single yellow star adds further charm.

Best,
MnT
Cheers M&T, it's a departure from my usual big & bold style, but just look at the sheer magnificence of all those stars!
The history gives a bit of perspective too - after all, compared to the evolution of stars, the human race is akin to ants marching across a leaf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
That's a wonderful image Andy. Love the colours and the cluster stars look terrific. Super resolution as well.

Greg.
Cheers Greg, slowly but surely getting a handle on the Tak - auto focussing really helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKay View Post
Nice one Andy, lots of detail.
Do you classify this as wide field?

PK
Cheers Peter - not really WF as I don't have the FL to go deeper, but sure, why not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
That’s a beautiful wide field image Andy. Like a cluster of luminous pearl shells scattered over golden sands
Cheers Rodney - soooooo many stars - would love to look at this through a really big scope!