View Single Post
Old 25-07-2012, 04:02 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Thats right Paul , I for one have got a lot of gear from Andrews and Bintel over the years and have never had a problem , I would rather pay a little more and get piece of mind on shipping , a good return policy and buying local helps these companies survive , can you imagine if either one of these companies went under ? it woulkd be a sad day for amateure astronomy in Australia ,
Buy Local mate .
Its in every ones intrests to do so . .
Oh yea , prices have never been so good .
Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluck View Post
Anyone with any brains will try and purchase from the lowest price, best value vendor - but to think that you can somehow circumvent the entire GST, shipping and retail thing is foolish.

I for one don't know how Bintel and other specialty retailers in Australia have managed to stick around. I certainly would not want to be a small business owner in the current environment.

I think you need to recognise that you can't have it both ways - ie, buy straight from the vendor, pay no GST, or shipping cost, and yet somehow have access to great gear and an expanding community. There's a bit of give and take required here, from both sides.