View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 01:51 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

I am leaning towards debayering being the issue here. Its too perfectly square it has to be related to pixel/sensor grid and bayer the likely culprit.

But it might bean internal reflection, light bouncing off the sensor surface (giving you the grid pattern) to hit the filter (a flat reflective element) and returning to the sensor to be recorded. might be something a lightbox set of flats can pick up for removal if thats the case. Darks and bias wont.

Its very similar to something I've seen in photography where you get a curved grid pattern caused by a reflection off the shiny sensor surface and back again from the last glass element in a lens thats shiny and curved and has no antiflective coatings. its never noticable in normal photos, but its buried deep and comes out like you've got here.

If its an internal reflection, you might try flipping your filter around?

i dont think its camera problem, maybe cheap filters? still try debayering options to see if thats the cause but otherwies I fear its there in all your shots and next flip filters so front side faces inwards etc or try another set of filters if you can.