View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 04:02 PM
croweater (Richard)
Don't Panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Finally got it all together and am very pleased with the outcome of my latest scope.
It's a TSA 120 on a G11 with Gemini 1. I have recently purchased a pair of Zeiss binos from Denis together with the Baarder T2 prism and because I was so sure that I would have problems coming to focus I also purchased the 1.7 GPC. I am delighted to find that I can come to focus by the use of a 2" TV x2 powermate and the standard Tak 2" 75mm extension piece used for straight through viewing without the need for the GPC, this means the 30mm prisms in the binos will not be restricted by the GPC which only measures 24.5mm diameter.
I have mated the binos with a pair of 8/24 Baarder Mk IV zoom eyepieces so the magnification range is 75 to 225, well within the TSA's capacity.
I spent last night observing Saturn and came in feeling that the not inconsiderable sum of money the binos and eyepieces cost was money well spent.
Dave Cooke
For some reason I am unable to attach photos but will post anyway.
Great setup David. Sounds a lot like my wish list. Though that dream includes a TOA 130 Cheers Richard.