View Single Post
Old 30-08-2019, 07:39 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
Hi Greg,
Congrats on your new scope - CFF was the other brand I was considering when I bought the APM 152/1200 F7.9 LZOS which also has a certificated massive Strehl (I am sure it's the same, from memory). CFF scopes look great.

Just one question: With a CCD like the FLI 16803, how can your scope produce an image circle sufficient to cover the big square sensor? (Or do I have my facts wrong here? ) I bought a massive, dedicated WO Reducer /Flattener for my WO Gt 102, (though why did I buy a reducer when it's f6.9 anyway?)and have been informed that I can't use full frame sensor cameras with it as I will get vignetting (caused by the reducer rather than the flattener optics). Is this likely? No wonder I am still undecided about a OSC camera (goodbye QHY367C?)Maybe an APSC sensor only.

Wishing you many happy hours and clear skies with your new high quality scope!

Cheers,
Richard
The only reducer I have seen work on a 16803 without aberrations in the corners is the AstroPhysics TCC which is an expensive accessory.

This is a flattener. Time will tell if it covers the 16803 but I believe it was specified to just make the circle of the 16803.

The large Riccardi reducer I believe has a large enough corrected circle for a full frame sensor.

Flatteners are easier to make it seems than reducers.

Greg.

Last edited by gregbradley; 30-08-2019 at 07:55 PM.