View Single Post
Old 16-07-2016, 10:34 PM
cfn
Cloud Free Night Team

The location selected stays in memory until you close your browser or explicitly change it. The session is shared within the tabs or other browser windows. So this is why you can't have multiple locations selected in one session.

PS: I thought I'd expand on this as not to confuse anybody. It is expected and it is the default behaviour of your browser. When you open your browser a session is started.

Your location doesn't change when you navigate from the meteogram page to the map or satellite page. This is what is called a session variable. If you open another tab within the same browser window then the same original session is shared with the newly opened tab. So if you navigate to a new location from any of the open tabs, it will also change your location in the other tabs. If you have n tabs opened they all will show the same location. The session will time out eventually so your location will defaults back to Melbourne/Victoria if you leave the page unattended. You'll have to use the bookmark again.

If I understand you correctly what you are asking is to have three separate locations in memory within one session. Currently not supported but we will definitely look into it as a feature after we conduct the survey if there is enough interest.

Last edited by cfn; 17-07-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Clarification