View Single Post
Old 27-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Paul Haese

This is actually not a bad result. It is a very dim face on galaxy and requires good integration and a lot of it in the colour and the lum. I think it took something like 18 hours to get a decent image myself and I would still look more data on it now.

It looks a little like you have used the minimum filter at some point on the galaxy and the stars. I think this has affected the detail level in the galaxy itself more than the stars. 13 hours of data should give you something a little cleaner. However, I think if you went back and gave it another go from scratch you might be surprised by the results you obtain.

I agree this is not necessarily an equipment related issue. Steven told me it took many months to sort out the collimation on that CDK and remember he is also in a remote setting. He can afford to drop data that is sub standard. The GSO scopes are more than capable but I think maybe your collimation might need just a little tweak to get better results than you already have here. Other issues might be present too. Some of my best images have been taken on my RC12 which took years to tweak out with collimation. Having washed that mirror now I am now going through the process again to get collimation right.