Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent_julie View Post
Leave some photons for me!
Trent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Really nice Mike and Trish, puts mine to shame Detail and colour rendition is very pleasing Mine suffered from a severe lack of exposure, especially in SII

What is this Selene of which you speak?
Thanks muchly, Colin. Yours is very good.

Selene is custom-written to suit our electronics (boards designed by me and populated by Trish), and further custom-written to suit our Apogee imaging cameras, so it would be useless for anyone else. It controls the scope motors, focusser, dome, three cameras, and filter wheel, and allows us to write complicated scripts to sky map, synch, dither and refocus between frames, change objects, even park and shut down the generator in the morning. It has configurable searchable maps with the more common catalogues, and all our past images embedded, so we can go back to and continue a previous image. It doesn't make a very good coffee though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
It rhymes!

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
I agree, some selective sharpening would really make the image pop but overall the palette is good and the whole image looks slick. Well done M&T.
Thanks, Paul. Had a go at doing a bit more regional sharpening, but not sure that we liked the result. Will have another look at it. For what it's worth, we think the ESO shot is overly contrasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Splendid image M&T.

Great detail and well balanced colours - I really like how well you have resolved that tiny GN 16.53.2 reflection nebula.

Love it wholeheartedly
Many thanks, Suavi. Forgot all about that nebula. The little apricot doughnut came up quite nicely. When I first saw it, I thought it was an artifact, but there it was in your image too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
exactly what I was thinking