View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 10:33 PM
Paullus (Paul)

Hi everyone,

My mate Josh and I built a couple of these dew controller over the past few weeks. Josh ordered the parts via ebay and Jaycar (whichever was cheapest/most convenient) and generally speaking it was fairly straight forward thanks to Chris' (and others) instructions and coding. The only major issue I had was getting the display to work, as the ones we ordered were SPI by default and needed slightly different pinning to get them to work as I2C. My particular display didn't need the SCL/SDA pins swapped, and also need an extra pin from the Digital 4 Signal pin to the RES(ET) on the display. I also had to do some minor soldering to on the display board to convert it to I2C, as per the instructions printed on the board.

I used the V4 program as I think the V5 shares the same D4S pin that my display used and I didn't have enough room to squeeze in the momentary switch. I was almost finished construction when I discovered the V5 and decided it wasn't worth the effort to fix those couple of issues. All 4 channels have been tested and are all working fine with the V4 program.

I did a very tight build in a smaller jiffy box where I spent more time measuring and piecing it together in my mind than I did actually constructing it. It'd be quicker and easier to use the next size up (which I had) but opted for the compactness of the smaller box.

Anyway here's some photos of the finished product. Now I just need some clear nights to put it to use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (01 (Small).jpg)
104.6 KB222 views
Click for full-size image (02 (Large).jpg)
161.1 KB193 views
Click for full-size image (03 (Large).jpg)
149.1 KB214 views
Click for full-size image (04 (Large).jpg)
202.5 KB181 views