View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

5 position filter wheel, 7 filters, what standard combo?

Now it's arrived, I have a billion questions. But I'll start with just a couple for now...

The 583ws has a 5 position filter wheel. I have an LRGB set and also Ha, OIII, and SII.

Planning on imaging mostly from light-polluted home and like to do narrowband for nebulae shots. Definitely would be having the Ha filter in there. Also for the star colours, I'm thinking the RGB filters to apply just to stars so I don't end up with those pinkish ones.

What I'm wondering is if I should put the Luminance filter in there, or put in the OIII filter instead, and use Ha for luminance only. That way I could do Ha:OIII:OIII NB images and RGB stars.

Alternatively, and I don't know whether this is silly or not, but could put in Ha, OIII, and SII so could do full tricolour NB images and also have the G and B colour filters and use Ha for Red?

Got any thoughts? For specific imaging like galaxies or clusters I could swap out the filters, but figure that would be mostly on the few occasions I get to a dark site where I wouldn't need to shoot NB.

Last edited by troypiggo; 02-03-2011 at 02:42 PM.