View Single Post
Old 13-05-2020, 02:22 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Thanks Alex, high praise indeed... I'm not necessarily quite as sure about moving to the big boys league any time soon...

Not planning to go narrowband; cost is not really the issue (well, it is but, it's not necessarily what would stop me); it's more about the amount of effort required to both capture & process.. I'm not sure that I am that committed to be honest.

I'm already in waaaay deeper than I ever planned....

Whilst I have obtained approval for photoshop, I've decided to pause on pulling that trigger. I have a book coming from the UK regarding Affinity Photo & astrophotography processing so, figured I'd wait & see what that has to offer.

To be honest, Affinity is from all I read, just as powerful & capable as PS.. alot of very experienced & knowledgeable folk are touting it as a serious competitor. I think the tools & processes you refer to are available in Affinity, I just need to get into some reference books I have & learned how to make better use of it. However, if after some time I still can't get my head around it, I will take the plunge on PS, not because I think it's necessarily better & not because I'm any more familiar with it (I'm not) but, simply because there are lots of experienced folk on here that can offer advice not available for Affinity as well as a wealth of Astrophotography tutorials involving PS on the internet... for Affinity, there are great tutorials for regular photo processing, not so much for astrophotography as yet...

Cheers
Carlton you can get enough data in narrow band over three nights and it only takes two days of processing.
You could also download Gimp..it's free..I have the new version on my desk top which I have not really used but it looks real good..the old version I find useful.
Do you mind if I have a go playing with your images here..if it's cloudy tonight I could have a play to see what I could do simply to give you an idea of what some little tricks could do.
If not I will understand.
Alex