View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 12:17 PM
tempestwizz (Brian)

Thanks for your words of support Les.

Waves may have missed the bit where I said the front element was loose when I received it from an earlier user.

He may have also missed it where I said that the retaining ring for the rear element was about a turn and a half loose also. Not a standard Tak feature, I expect.

I did not state before, but I noted that two of the six larger adjusting/retaining screws were without flat washers when I removed the. Another non-standard Tak feature, which indicates someone has had it apart before me.

So I can’t take all the credit for mucking it up.

Nothing appears broken, so it should be simply a matter of adjustment to restore it to its former glory - now that the rear element is again secured.

The info provided by Les, and the tear-down shows that the inner set of adjusting screws is for the whole assembly, but more importantly is the only adjustment that affects the two rearmost elements. It is not a critical adjustment for spacing, only for angular orientation of the assembly.

The critical adjustments are for the front element only. Spacing for CA, and angular orientation for airy disc.

Maybe I did not have much of an idea when I started, but I think I have done alright so far armed only with what I have.