Thread: Barred Spiral
View Single Post
Old 19-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
At least you've got some nice clean luminance to add to the scant RGB. It's showing up nicely though Peter. Looks like a distant galaxy clusters towards the top left that's lacking the reddish colour it should
More colour data will come in time...as is Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdan View Post
That's beautiful Peter, you have some good detail in the galaxy as its only 5 x 4 arcmins in dimension.
Thanks. It is a pretty little thing. That said I used the RC's native focal length to help reveal the details. A FL of around 3.1 metres takes some taming..but I'm pretty happy with the results to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpal View Post
That's amazing Peter to pick up a mag 10 galaxy from under Sydney's bright lights.

cheers
Allan
Thanks Alan. It can be done...just needs a lot more work than imaging from a dark site.
A lot more work. But what the heck...my observatory is literally ten paces from my back door. Swings and round-abouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
There is a beautiful; galaxy cluster in the upper right quadrant as well and lots of littlies scattered across the field if you take the time to look. Very nice shot in deed.
Ta. I cropped the field quite a bit...but I figured the distant cluster a top left needed to be included to give the scene some depth. They are very faint, about Mag 20 or so.