View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 07:10 PM
alpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSEllis View Post
Hi Allan,
I certainly did, and I also downloaded it in case I need it in the future. But until something goes wrong, I will let sleeping dogs lie.
When I first got the EQ8 I tried EQmod as well as multiple star alignment, theses days I don't bother, I find a star close to the DSO I want to Photograph and do a Single Star Alignment, you then use the Skywatcher Hand Controller to go straight to the DSO, and it will be in the middle of the field, or very close too. I then set the camera to record it for the next few hours, while I go inside and watch a movie or surf the NET. Once the time has elapsed, I go out and do my Darks and Flats and that's it for the night. I apply the same technique for my EQ6 which I have at a Dark site. Both my mounts are lined up accurately to the pole and are in Observatories, so the alignment never changes. This techniques works well for me.
P.S. I hate daylight saving, at this time of the years I can't start until about 10pm and don't usually get to bed until around 2 or 3am in the morning.

Cheers
Peter

Hi Peter,
Wow - I also just do an accurate polar alignment using my camera -
turning a V shape into a line - takes about 5 minutes
& a few goes -
& then pick just one star close to my target &
it's true -that's all you need to find a target sometimes dead center.
I love the SynScan controller on my EQ6 - it makes life easy.

At this time of the year the sun never goes that far below the horizon
so imaging hours are very short.
Yes - there can still be a sky glow even at 10pm -
at least the camera picks it up.

cheers
Allan