View Single Post
Old 30-09-2011, 03:49 PM
avandonk
avandonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiphart View Post
wow bert.. that is one dream setup on the way! hopefully one day you can invite a few of us locals around to have a look.

i guess once you get this setup at home you won't want to move it, but i'd love to see you drag it away to a dark sky sometime too!? there's still an open invitation for you at heathcote anytime you want to try it.

you've done remarkably well with your widefield mosaics from light polluted suburbs so you know what you're in for, but i would guess that as you push this system light pollution gradients even with filters may eventually become an issue?

the mount and camera are pretty easy choices and not much to regret about those.

exciting times!

cheers
phil
All locals on IIS are welcome anytime! Just knock on the door with your foot as you will have at least two slabs of Vic in your hands. Just sort of joking.

After this is all sorted out and working I will have some open days or nights for all of us tragic astrophotographers.

My evil plan is to run the whole system remotely from inside. I am getting to old to face single digit temperatures to adjust things for twenty odd minutes. I have done this in jocks and a t-shirt not realizing how cold it was until I started shivering.

Bert