Thread: Introductions
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 11:36 AM
Krypt0 (Adri)

Introductions

Good Morning All,

I have recently joined the forums in hopes to learn and have a place to discuss Astronomy and AstroPhotography.

I have found the audience for this is very small offline, at my place of work I have only one other colleague of about 6000+ that has any interest or appreciation for whats involved.

I am a Hobbist Photographer and use a Canon EoS 5D Mark 4.

I was planning on getting a telescope mount (Skywatcher NEQ6) on Saturday however metro Victoria is now in Level 3 restrictions and so I'm not able to pick it up, I may need to ask if the shop can deliver it, although I don't know if they can be at their place of business for the same reasons in order to achieve that.

I am currently doing non tracked photos on clear nights with 14mm Rokino, 100mm Canon L Series Macro and 50-500mm Sigma Telephoto Lenses.

I have done some editing on my stacked Orion Nebula images and Milky Way shots with Photoshop. I also had a chance to edit a really amazing exposure of the Carina from my friend with LRGB and Ha to do a trial of Pixinsight.

I'm undecided on my AstroPhotography build, I've had a lot of challenges making decisions on what I want depending on the types of imaging I want to do (nebula or galaxy or both) and a separate rant on Australian retail pricing for Triplet APO's which I won't go into here.

I follow AstroBackyard, Chucks AstroPhotography, Dylan O'Donnell on YouTube and Instagram and also Dr. Becky for general Astrophysics and a channel run for the Hubble space telescope.

Sorry for the long intro, thanks for everyone's time.

-Adri-