Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Great stuff thanks for having a go.
Alex
Thanks Alex, it's all in good spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Great result from limited data and ordinary conditions
It’s my 3rd year using Startools and still discovering features and techniques to produce a better image, currently using V1.5
Which version are you using ?
Thanks Martin. I downloaded the latest version 1.6.399. I don't know how it compares to previous versions but you're right about it's feature list.
On the surface it doesn't look like much but there's certainly more than meets the eye.
What I found though, is that I needed to do a few passes or rounds to get where I wanted to be if that makes sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My ,limited, experience with Startools is that it is good for colouring nebulae but for galaxies Nebulosity is easier to use, When I have used startools I usually follow with a few tweeks with Nebulosity. I use Nebulostity for frame and focus and then capture control. Then for my OSC camera debayering ,preprocessing and stacking, Then to Star tools and back to Nebulosity to taste.
My experience is basically no-existent. I use GIMP and Photoshop. I just went with the flow after some reading on their site (like a crash course).
It's certainly different to what I'm used to but I did find the suggested workflow in some parts similar to what I already kind of do.
Overall it was an interesting experiment and I ended up buying it, so I now have it in my tool box if I need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Nicely done!
Thanks Mick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Looks great LIS.

180s subs a good choice for SNR.
Thanks Peter, but I might have gotten a little lucky there, it was a bit of a guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
That is a pretty nice image LIS, it's amazing what even the basic ZWO cameras can do.
Yesterday 10:41 AM
Thanks Jeff, I was just looking to pass time and decided to take some shots with the 290, so off came the Barlow and I fired away clouds and all.
I'm hoping that I can have a real go with the DSLR but the weather Gods really have cursed us again.