View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 08:28 AM
gregbradley

Its true these specs may not have much real world difference. That is also what I have read on CN from users of these cameras.

The extra memory on the QHY I read was to allow the fibre optic to work on the Professional version (I am not interested in that model).

If there are still driver issues that would be a deal breaker for me as there is nothing worse than getting a new camera and trying to get it to connect up.

I have an ASI183 and it was no trouble to get up and running which was impressive as not all cameras I have gotten in the past.

The handling of the horizontal fixed pattern noise in the QHY is impressive even if a minor problem noone wants to contend with that sort of noise in a dim image.

I am studying up on these cameras because I intend to get one or the other in the near future. What makes it harder is on Astrobin the bulk of the really good images are QHY600mm images but then it has been out for longer.

ASI is US$600 cheaper which is close to AUD$1000 so the QHY would have to be fairly clearly better for that.

Are these different modes in the QHY merely some combo of gain and offset values? Does anyone know?

Greg.