View Single Post
Old 20-09-2019, 12:13 PM
JohnF (John)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
The red dot should be enough..but try it..don't make a bracket just tape it on and decide if it is viable.

As to fires...how we did not lose the old house that I used to live in ( on another property about 20 old away from where my van is set) I just don't know..you would call it a miracle but as I don't believe in such things I call it good luck...first the fire passed it, then a lady who I let live there from time to time tried to save it but was forced to leave, they ran into some fire fighters who were drinking beer and having a rest who said they would no go..they guy with her gave them a serve and left..when they went back the house was still there and clearly those guys drinking beer decided to save the house...

What materials do you have, sheets of ply? Any 2 X 4 ? Any pine...I can do it with some iron bark saplings if that's all you have.
Let me know.
Alex
Good to hear that the fires did miss you.

Decided to join the Men's shed in order to make the Dobson base. And one man said he will teach me to use a Metal Work Lath that the Men's shed has. Hope to make an equatorial mount down the track. Yes I have a bit of scrap wood, don't know what at moment.

We had that store in an old plywood caravan until a few years back when my son decided to burn the paddock, and burnt our old van. But we pulled much burning wood out of it.

Do have a big Forrest Red Gum that fell down, so will have to cut it up, once I find the muffler of the chainsaw -- my son gave me the saw, but sadly lost the bolts to the muffler. But saw is not that big, a 56cc [I did a chainsaw course at Tafe years ago.]

I advertised on Gumtree, and two different people are sending me Eyepieces for the "Astronomy in the Bible" program.

Have watched DVDs on cleaning the mirrors, and plan on doing that very soon.